A very common reason why people start working out is flat tummy and rapid weight loss. It’s no secret that exercise is the key to weight loss. But before we get into some of the best weight loss exercises that you can do at home, it is important to understand how weight loss works.
To know all the fuss about workouts and weight loss, Health Shots spoke to Gautman Ramesh, fitness expert, Cult.Fit.
Ramesh says, “Weight loss happens through a simple equation. Calories in vs. Calories out. It’s a proven fact like gravity. So, it basically means one needs to eat a little less to lose weight.” and do activities to burn calories that put them into a total calorie deficit.”
If losing weight fast is as simple as that, why can’t we burn off our calories with other physical activities? Why exercise?
To answer this, Ramesh says, “Well, strength-training workouts, although basic, provide the best bang for your buck. They not only burn a bunch of calories but also give you muscle, bone density, and weight loss throughout the day.” -Also help build the strength needed for everyday life.”
You just need to make sure that the weight you lose is from fat and not from muscle which is the key to healthy weight loss.
Listed below are some high-intensity exercises that can help you lose weight fast:
It’s a high-intensity exercise that helps burn a lot of calories, but it helps improve core strength and stability if done correctly. This is a move that can be added to any workout routine. 3 sets, 40 seconds on and 20 seconds off.
- Get into plank position.
- Hands shoulder width apart, core engaged straight back.
- Bring your right knee to the chest as far as possible.
- Switch legs and repeat the movement.
- Keeping hips down, repeat by tightening core.
2. Lateral Shuffle
Works on functional fitness by improving side-to-side movement. Can be added to any workout. 4 sets, 45 seconds on, 20 seconds off.
- Start with feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Begin shuffling side by side with 4 steps on each side.
- Repeat this fast for the prescribed time.
Works on improving core, shoulder and leg drive. This can be combined into a workout like this – 5 sets, 7 reps, 20 seconds off
Here’s a detailed step-by-step description of the spread:
- Stand straight with your knees slightly bent.
- Quickly lower into a plank position, kick from here, and bring your feet near your hands.
- Kick back from this position and bring the legs back to the plank position. Repeat this for the prescribed time. Return to the starting position.
4. Long Plank Shoulder Tap
Works on core and shoulder stability. Can be added at the beginning of the workout in the following way. 3 sets, 10 seconds on 30 seconds off
- Start in a plank position and keep your core engaged.
- Keeping your core engaged, lift one arm up and tap it to the alternate shoulder. Repeat the same with the other hand.
- Repeat this cycle for the prescribed time.
5. Bodyweight Reverse Lunges
Improves hip stability and leg strength. This way can be added to the workout – 4 sets, 10 reps.
- Start with feet shoulder width apart.
- Tighten your core and bend down while keeping one leg behind the other.
- From here use leg drive to come to a standing position. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Repeat this cycle for the prescribed reps.