Most of us have at some point in our lives aiming to lose weight with a never ending list of fad diets and excruciating workouts. However, one thing we all struggle with is definitely belly fat. And sometimes, no matter how many fitness vlogs you watch or how many health articles you read, that stubborn belly fat just refuses to leave your body. If you are one of them, then you can definitely try yoga to burn that extra belly fat.
Although it is difficult for you to break that you cannot treat the excess accumulated fat, there are some yoga asanas that will help you get rid of your belly fat faster than others. Radhika Gupta on her Instagram page has listed 3 yoga asanas named as Satvik Yoga which you can do twice a day to work on your lower belly fat.
“These asanas can be your entry point into the world of yoga, which go far beyond asanas for a particular issue,” she says in her video. Check it out here:
1. Navasana or Naukasana – Boat Pose
‘Nauka’ in Hindi means boat, and ‘asana’ means posture. During this yoga pose, you need to take the shape of a boat, and it is one of the most effective asanas that helps in reducing belly fat. In addition, it helps strengthen your core muscles, improves blood circulation and aids in digestion as well.
how to do this:
- Lie down on your back.
- Take a deep breath and then while exhaling, lift both your chest and then your feet off the mat.
- Keep both your hands outstretched with your fingers pointing towards your feet.
- With only your buttocks on the ground, the body will be shaped like a boat.
- Hold it for 5 breaths. Even if your body trembles, keep your stomach pulled.
- Return to normal position. Repeat 3 times.
Also read: 4 Ayurveda Remedies To Burn Belly Fat
2. Phalkasana – Elbow to Plank
This is one of the best yoga asanas if you are trying to get rid of belly fat. This noy not only activates your core from all sides but also really works your muscles for it.
how to do this:
- Get on all your fours. Make sure your shoulders and wrists are in the same line, as well as hips and knees.
- Pull your right leg back and then your left leg.
- Balance yourself equally between the palms and toes.
- While breathing normally, engage your abdominal muscles by moving your right leg towards the abdomen. Follow it with your left foot.
- Return to normal plank position. Repeat this at least 6 times with each leg.
3. Dvichakrasana – Cycling Pose
This asana is not only ideal for weight loss but also increases the stamina and flexibility of the body. If you want to reduce the extra fat on the thighs and calves apart from the lower body and upper abdomen, then this yoga asana is for you.
how to do this:
- Lie on your back with your legs and arms straight on the floor.
- Bend both your legs and lift them towards your body.
- Next, start cycling, with alternating legs first. Follow it by connecting both the legs.
- Return to the starting position. Adjust cycling speed to your liking.
Tips to keep handy while doing these asanas
According to Gupta, you should remember this:
- Keep a gap of 3 hours between your meals and these asanas.
- Pull your abs in to protect your back.
- Keep your back firmly on the mat and do not bend it, otherwise you will experience back pain.
- For best results, do these twice a day!
“When we practice asanas for our abs, it goes far beyond fat. It helps with your digestion as well as your mood,” she indicates.